There's been a lot of discussion in the Coalfield here lately about the Inn and the possibility of the county purchasing the building.
The building has deteriorated badly.
What's everybody's thoughts on the Inn?
There's been a lot of discussion in the Coalfield here lately about the Inn and the possibility of the county purchasing the building.
The building has deteriorated badly.
What's everybody's thoughts on the Inn?
I wish they would restore the building. It's a historic landmark, and was also owned by my great-great-grandfather, Andrew Jackson Dotson, the first sheriff of wise county [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
I agree with Steer, it is a Wise County icon,, and needs to be restored. I think it would be another 'drawing' card to the county. A lot of history in that building,,
Bulldoze it and improve that intersection.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I agree.
Reeking of awesomeness!
I think that we should bulldoze it, and in its place, put a giant, gold statue of Chubz drawn back and prepared to make the throw! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Ok ok ok, I'm just being stupid, please don't kill me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Officially retired
It would be nice to fix it up, but with that intersection, it is going to be hard to put much there of any interest.
I would suggest making a parking garage or such but there really isn't that much in the area (outside of the courthouse) that requires much parking.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I like history
I would also love to see more parking near the courthouse.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I'm in favor of fixing it back up and attempting to make it a miniature version of the Martha Washington in Abingdon. On the other hand, if the funds are not available, tear it down and turn it into a parking lot or a college hangout like a 24 hour coffee shop or an off campus library/bookstore. Of course, the chances of that happening are slim considering Wise totally ignores the fact that it has a college. Right now, any work done on the inn would be an improvement.
The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.
I agree that it is an eyesore right now. But there is enough money in Wise County to restore the history and also become a profitable business. There are a lot of great memories for a lot of people.
Bookmarks